GUIDED KAYAK TOURS OF THE MANGROVE LAGOON MARINE SANCTUARY
Naturalists who are both experienced and highly knowledgeable about the ecological niches lead these tours.
- 2.5 hour trip including 1 hour guided kayak tour, several stops at which guides point out highlights and discuss the biology, ecology, and importance of the mangrove lagoon
- The distance of this leg is approximately 1.5 miles in a protected lagoon
- Destination: Coral rubble beach for 3/4 hour snorkeling
- Depth 2-15 ft, ideal for beginners
- Common sightings: juvenile fish including herring, parrot fish, many types of snapper, grunts, wrasses, barracuda, sting ray, fishing pelicans.
- Alternative walk on coral rubble beach
- 1/2 hour return to dock at individual pace
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE FREE?
- 2 person "sit-on-top" ocean kayaks (some single available) with back supports and paddles
- kayaking and snorkeling instruction
- waterproof bags
- mask and snorkel
- life jackets, also children's sizes
- Water and gatorade
- Safe storage of personal belongings while on tour
WHAT SHOULD KAYAKERS BRING?
- Bathing suit
- Clothing for sun protection, including hat
- Sun screen
- Aqua shoes, reef walkers, or shoes that can get wet
WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR SALE?
- Sun Screen
- Disposable water proof cameras
- T-shirts, gift items
- Water shoes